YMPRESS Steel for laser cutting
|Quality||Standard||Yield point Re min. (MPa) |
≤ 16 mm
|Yield point Re min. (MPa) |
≤ 16 ≤ 250 mm
|Tensile strength Rm (MPA) |
≤ 3 mm
|Elongation A80 (in %) min. |
˂ 3 mm
|Elongation A5 (in %) min. |
˃ 3 mm
|Impact value Temp. °C||Impact value KV / J||IMDS-No.||Thickness range|
|Ympress Laser E250C+N (J2)|
|EN 10025-2||240||255||370 - 490||23||24||-20||≥27||1,50-12,70|
|Ympress Laser E250C+N (J0)|
|EN 10025-2||240||255||370 - 490||23||24||0||≥27||12,70-20,00|
|Ympress Laser E250C+N |
|EN 10025-2||240||255||370 - 490||23||24||+20||≥27||818803759/1||1,50-20,00|
|Ympress Laser S355MC||EN 10149-2||355||355||450 - 550||22||27||-20||40||34911112/5||1,50-20,00|
|Ympress Laser S420MC||EN 10149-2||420||420||500 - 600||18||22||-20||40||819188358/1||1,50-20,00|
For an efficient high speed laser cutting the Ympress® Laser was developed. This hot rolled steel combines exceptional flatness with a high surface quality. With such characteristics a trouble-free laser cutting is realised and the productivity is increased by the very good product quality. As a result, this steel is ideally suited for an afterwards use in mechanical engineering, the agricultural machinery industry and for the manufacture of heavy transporters, cranes and other constructions.
The manifold advantages of Ympress® Laser include:
- Increased productivity through reliable quality, i.e. consistent oxide layer allows for faster, continuous cutting with reduced set-up times and minimal operator effort
- Improved crop through flexible component nesting on the blank. Less waste and reliable removal increase the output
- Better final products through assured Ympress® laser properties. Consistent flatness, surface and cut edge quality for higher product quality
- Trustworthy distribution through our perfectly coordinated supply chain
- Technical support by our experts. These are available to you at any time and help you to maintain a constant level of efficiency in laser cutting or to further optimisation
Additionally the manufacturing process is subject to a tight control. Because you should fully trust this product Ympress® laser.
The manufacturing process comprises:
- Refined chemical composition for consistent product quality
- Improved process control during production in mill for a well adherent oxide layer
- Controlled storage to ensure best properties
- Minimal residual stress; Flatness with less than 3 mm deviation per meter
- High homogeneity for excellent quality of surfaces and cut edges
- Burr-free surface after cutting for easy removal of parts
Ympress® laser steel can be deployed in a wide range of applications. The construction steel E250C+N is available with CE mark of conformity. Typical field of application are construction profiles, machine frames and shelving systems. These steels getting applied if stability and good ductility is required.
For applications where high strength is necessary the Ympress® Laser S355MC suits well. Agricultural machinery, construction machinery, trailers and chassis are just some of the possible applications. .
The Ympress® Laser S420MC is characterized by its excellent strength-to-weight ratio. It is used, among other things, for safety parts in vehicle construction, lifting devices and construction parts.
The Ympress® Laser product portfolio is available with the following properties.
Thicknesses: 1.5 – 20 mm (grade specific)
Widths: 900 – 2070 mm (grade specific)
Surface finishes: Hot rolled, pickled and oiled
In addition, you can download the complete excerpt from our Quality Guide (QG) with the mechanical and chemical values for the YMPRESS LASER E250C, S355MC and S420MC grades via the previous link.
You would like to request our products?
Then you are welcome to use our inquiry form.